The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Minutes not updated.

Guest tj

Our Twp. meeting has the minutes available to read before the meeting begins. If I notice something left out, do I bring it to their attention before the meeting or during the supervisors discussing accepting the minutes of the last session ?

If you're not a member of the body that is meeting (e.g. the supervisors), you have no right to speak at meetings but you could mention your concerns to one of the supervisors before the meeting begins (even days before).

Keep in mind that minutes are the official record of what was done at a meeting (e.g. motions made), not what was said (e.g. discussion, debate, and comments) though some municipalities includes more than what RONR recommends. In other words, it may very well be that what you thought was left out doesn't belong in the minutes in the first place.

Thank you for sharing. If I tell the members of the board before the meeting that the minutes are not recorded properly and they vote to accept them anyhow, I guess we're stuck with them- or can I question why they didn't ammend anything when they ask questions from the floor ? Also, our road supervisor is never present at our meetings. As a supervisor, should he be at the meetings as well ?

... If I tell the members of the board before the meeting that the minutes are not recorded properly and they vote to accept them anyhow, I guess we're stuck with them- 

Pretty much yes.

...- or can I question why they didn't amend anything when they ask questions from the floor ? ...

I don't understand this -- could you please clarify?

...  Also, our road supervisor is never present at our meetings. As a supervisor, should he be at the meetings as well ?

If he is a member of the assembly that is meeting, he has a right to attend.  And, I think, an obligation (but I don't see the citation right now, darnit).  But you can't shoot him (even in America).  If he's not a member, he has no right, nor an obligation, to attend, as far as Robert's Rules is concerned.

Archived