The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motions

Guest Rita

What is the correct procedure for this. We have one governng committee that has the final approval on any action or monies to be spent. Then we have serveralsub committees.

Sub Committee presents a recommendation to this same sub committee. A motion is approved within this sub committee.

This sub committee then presents this recommendation as a motion in the governing committee to be approved.

What is the correct procedure on this? I have reviewed RROO but not finding this and I know it is in the book.

Thank you

What is the correct procedure for this. We have one governng committee that has the final approval on any action or monies to be spent. Then we have serveralsub committees.

Sub Committee presents a recommendation to this same sub committee. A motion is approved within this sub committee.

This sub committee then presents this recommendation as a motion in the governing committee to be approved.

You should look to your bylaws for the details of how that system works, since it is a specialized rule of your organization and not a RONR rule. Committees and subcommittees do whatever they are instructed to do by the power that constituted them.

What is the correct procedure on this? I have reviewed RROO but not finding this and I know it is in the book.

Thank you

If you're asking about the procedure for receiving a report from a committee or sub committee, see RONR(10th ed.), p. 485-512.

Archived