The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Board

Guest Janice

I am a member of a golf league. Our by-laws states that the executive committee consists of the officers and the tournament committee women. My question is what does constitute an executive committee? Also since the tournament committee states it is women and now woman, would that mean that the executive committee is the officers and the chair people of all the committees?

Our by-laws states that the executive committee consists of the officers and the tournament committee women. My question is what does constitute an executive committee?

In your case I'd say it consists of the officers and the tournament committee women. I see nothing about "chair people" in that description.

And don't confuse "executive board" with "executive committee".

My question is what does constitute an executive committee? Also since the tournament committee states it is women and now woman, would that mean that the executive committee is the officers and the chair people of all the committees?

Your executive committee consists of whatever members your Bylaws define as part of the Executive Committee - no more, no less.

Archived