The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Committee Vote

Guest HARRY541

Our bylaws state "The elective members of the Executive Committee shall consist of three members, the immediate Past Commander plus the elected officers of this Post. The adjutant, Historian and Chaplain will be appointed by the Commander." My question is do the adjutant, Historian and Chaplain have a vote on the Exe Committee?

Our bylaws state "The elective members of the Executive Committee shall consist of three members, the immediate Past Commander plus the elected officers of this Post. The adjutant, Historian and Chaplain will be appointed by the Commander." My question is do the adjutant, Historian and Chaplain have a vote on the Exe Committee?

We cannot interpret your bylaws here. See RONR pp. 570-573 for some help in doing that.

From that language, I couldn't figure it out.

Decide what the language was meant to say, and then amend your bylaws to make it clear.

Archived