The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Standing Committee

Gary Novosielski

It seems to me I once had a citation for a rule that said it would not be in order to commit a question to a special committee if a standing committee already existed which had that class of business as its stated responsibility.

Now I can't find it (no doubt due to the fact that half my index is missing).

Am I crazy? And another unrelated question, does anyone know anything about a rule like that referred to above?

It seems to me I once had a citation for a rule that said it would not be in order to commit a question to a special committee if a standing committee already existed which had that class of business as its stated responsibility.

Now I can't find it (no doubt due to the fact that half my index is missing).

See RONR (10th ed.), p. 474, ll. 28-30.

Am I crazy?

I don't know. I certainly hope not, but it seems slightly crazy for a parliamentarian to not have the complete RONR, with index. :)

And another unrelated question, does anyone know anything about a rule like that referred to above?

I don't understand this question. I know about the rule in RONR, that it is in RONR.

See RONR (10th ed.), p. 474, ll. 28-30.

Thanks.

... it seems slightly crazy for a parliamentarian to not have the complete RONR, with index. :)

Oh I'm sure I have it. I just don't know where it is. It fell out, I taped it in, and it escaped again. I figured I could last until Eleven comes out, but it's getting irritating.

Thanks again.

Oh I'm sure I have it. I just don't know where it is. It fell out, I taped it in, and it escaped again. I figured I could last until Eleven comes out, but it's getting irritating.

I know how that is. I flip through my paper copy so often that pages keep coming out. Good thing I have the CD to use when I am not at meetings and on the forum. Now all I need is for RONR to come back to Kindle and things will be great.

Archived