The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motion approved

auntiec30

I live in a subsidized housing unit because I'm disabled. My physician sent the Manager a letter stating that it would be beneficial for me to have a step-in shower installed, which was approved by the board last fall before I moved in. When moving day came I saw that instead of a step-in shower installation I noticed a 3 ft. by 3 ft. tile shower was installed with improper flooring to eliminate falls on the main floor. My question is: If this was approved, a contractor hired and the appropriate equipment was ordered shouldn't it have been installed in my bathroom? I have lived here almost a year, fallen four times in the bathroom because of improper install of tile shower and ended up in the ER with a concussion to which I had to pay for myself. I and my personal representative will be meeting with the Board Chairman & Manager to discuss this matter and I would like to know the legal view of this question. The shower that was ordered for my apartment was installed in a different apartment only because the Plumbing Supply owner had it in his warehouse for over 6 months and it was going to cost him $450 to return it. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Auntiec30

I live in a subsidized housing unit because I'm disabled. My physician sent the Manager a letter stating that it would be beneficial for me to have a step-in shower installed, which was approved by the board last fall before I moved in. When moving day came I saw that instead of a step-in shower installation I noticed a 3 ft. by 3 ft. tile shower was installed with improper flooring to eliminate falls on the main floor. My question is: If this was approved, a contractor hired and the appropriate equipment was ordered shouldn't it have been installed in my bathroom? I have lived here almost a year, fallen four times in the bathroom because of improper install of tile shower and ended up in the ER with a concussion to which I had to pay for myself. I and my personal representative will be meeting with the Board Chairman & Manager to discuss this matter and I would like to know the legal view of this question. The shower that was ordered for my apartment was installed in a different apartment only because the Plumbing Supply owner had it in his warehouse for over 6 months and it was going to cost him $450 to return it. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Auntiec30

Your post appears to be seeking legal advice, which is beyond the scope and purpose of this forum. We deal solely with questions concerning the rules of parliamentary procedure in RONR.

Thanks for both replies. I guess I'm at the point where I'm grasping at straws to find out where I stand with the issues I've had here since move-in day and since. I live in a rural area and so far I haven't been able to find an attorney/lawyer that will take my case. It's very frustrating and I'm about at my limit.

Auntiec30

Thanks for both replies. I guess I'm at the point where I'm grasping at straws to find out where I stand with the issues I've had here since move-in day and since. I live in a rural area and so far I haven't been able to find an attorney/lawyer that will take my case. It's very frustrating and I'm about at my limit.

Auntiec30

Check the comments on your profile page because I may have someone you can speak with.

Check the comments on your profile page because I may have someone you can speak with.

Chris H.,

I didn't have my profile set up when I received the email about your post. I have, just now, entered my profile information if you could send me the information you may have. Thank you so much!

Auntiec30

Chris H.,

I didn't have my profile set up when I received the email about your post. I have, just now, entered my profile information if you could send me the information you may have. Thank you so much!

Auntiec30

Your profile actually was set up for receiving comments. Just click on your name in this thread and it will take you to your profile, scroll down, and you will see the comment I sent you.

Archived