The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Resignation of an appointed position

Guest Mary Harkola

Does a Board have to vote on accepting a letter of resignation from an appointed position. As Secreatary, I think that the resignation letter should be presented to and acknowledged by the Board and entered into the minutes – period.

Does a Board have to vote on accepting a letter of resignation from an appointed position. As Secreatary, I think that the resignation letter should be presented to and acknowledged by the Board and entered into the minutes – period.

IMO the resignation should be accepted by the person or body that made it but even when the board needs to act on it the letter of resignation need not be entered into the minutes, only the motion to accept it.

Presuming the board appointed the person, yes, they should vote on accepting the resignation. See also FAQ 18.

Archived