The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Programs initiated by Board

sangamonese

basically, if the board establishes a program or activity the board has the right to also establish reasonable standards/guidelines for that program or activity which must be applied uniformly to all members.

I would like to know if the "reasonable standards/guidelines" must be prominently published, how they relate to disciplinary action defined in the bylaws and how can you know if someone who is called a "Registered Parliamentarian" really is?

TIA

I would like to know if the "reasonable standards/guidelines" must be prominently published, how they relate to disciplinary action defined in the bylaws and how can you know if someone who is called a "Registered Parliamentarian" really is?

TIA

Your quote does not come from RONR, and appears to be meaningless, as are your questions relating to it.

If you have a question relating to the proper application of any rule in RONR, please feel free to post it.

Your quote does not come from RONR, and appears to be meaningless, as are your questions relating to it.

If you have a question relating to the proper application of any rule in RONR, please feel free to post it.

I did not mean to imply that the quote came from RONR. The quote came from the AKC regarding disciplinary action taken by a club against a member.

The action taken was not in accordance with the bylaws of the club.

I am trying to find out if the Club's Board can form a program, make regulations regarding that program and discipline a club member if there is nothing in the Club's Bylaws about that program.

Archived