The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Open Board Meetings

Wyatt

In an Home Owner Association may members attend regular monthly meetings understanding they may make no comment or enter in the discussions unless called on by the board? I understand the board can call special meetings to discuss topics not open to the members and those special meeting may not be attended by a member. In the regular board meetings may a member tape record those meetings or even video those proceedings?

In an Home Owner Association may members attend regular monthly meetings understanding they may make no comment or enter in the discussions unless called on by the board? I understand the board can call special meetings to discuss topics not open to the members and those special meeting may not be attended by a member. In the regular board meetings may a member tape record those meetings or even video those proceedings?

In meetings of an executive board, non-members of the board do not have any parliamentary rights. The board may invite non-members to attend a board meeting, and when they do, the visitors are obliged to obey the orders of the board about speaking, recording, etc., etc.

There have been some suggestions made that you check to see if there are any laws which may be applicable in your particular case. If so, they do, of course, take precedence.

Archived