The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Minutes

Guest Martha

I see that RONR says that minutes "should be kept in a substantial book or binder". Are these original signed hardcopies the only "official" minutes? Is every other copy, electronic or Xeroxed or whatever not to be considered the "official" minutes? Backstory: Our organization puts our minutes on the organization's website so that members can easily access them. The secretary is concerned that someone could alter the minutes for whatever purpose and use them to do nefarious unimaginable things. I'm thinking that according to RONR that no matter how many copies you have floating around out there you would still have to keep hardcopy minutes "in a substantial book or binder" and that these are the official minutes to which the organization would ultimately refer.

I see that RONR says that minutes "should be kept in a substantial book or binder". Are these original signed hardcopies the only "official" minutes? Is every other copy, electronic or Xeroxed or whatever not to be considered the "official" minutes? Backstory: Our organization puts our minutes on the organization's website so that members can easily access them. The secretary is concerned that someone could alter the minutes for whatever purpose and use them to do nefarious unimaginable things. I'm thinking that according to RONR that no matter how many copies you have floating around out there you would still have to keep hardcopy minutes "in a substantial book or binder" and that these are the official minutes to which the organization would ultimately refer.

You got it!

Archived