The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Dissolution not by Board

The Crystal Method

The NPO I am secretary for is changing hands and board members. Currently, I am the only board member until the new committee begins serving. Before our previous board diretors retired or were laid off, one board director acted illegally and has since been removed. While we are still a NPO, we are all employees of another company. The parent company (HR, management, and legal) are attempting to dissolve our corporation and board. I live in the state of Georgia and have checked state laws to determine if they can dissolve the corporation without the incoming board of diretors' approval.

There are also funds in the accounts that must be dispersed but without the incoming directors does the NPO have a chance to maintain business?

The NPO I am secretary for is changing hands and board members. Currently, I am the only board member until the new committee begins serving. Before our previous board diretors retired or were laid off, one board director acted illegally and has since been removed. While we are still a NPO, we are all employees of another company. The parent company (HR, management, and legal) are attempting to dissolve our corporation and board. I live in the state of Georgia and have checked state laws to determine if they can dissolve the corporation without the incoming board of diretors' approval.

There are also funds in the accounts that must be dispersed but without the incoming directors does the NPO have a chance to maintain business?

Your question is one of law rather than parliamentary procedure. You will need to ask a lawyer who is familiar with the laws of Georgia pertaining to the NPO as to what can and cannot be done.

Archived