The Official RONR Q & A Forums

ROLL CALL

Guest Carey

See page 406 in RONR (10th Ed.) for the many variations and possibilities. Basically it's aye (yes, or yea), no (nay), present (or abstain), and pass (which means I don't want to vote this first time around, so ask everyone else first, then come back to me).

That's a good answer, but I fear that Carey might be looking for page 349, line 25-33, which, unfortunately, will not answer his question. I don't see why any reasonable response would be inadequate, though.

That's a good answer, but I fear that Carey might be looking for page 349, line 25-33, which, unfortunately, will not answer his question. I don't see why any reasonable response would be inadequate, though.

Here Here!

But I surely hope you're wrong. If only for my sake.;)

Hopefully one day she'll be able to match the C4pTchA code and let us know.

Based on my own experience in assemblies with such a roll call, people usually say "Present" or "Here" - or "What?" if they aren't paying attention. :)

Archived