The Official RONR Q & A Forums

writing a resolution

Guest farmersdaughter

Guest farmersdaughter

A special meetiing has been call for a change in the way the POA votes this Saturday.The POA secr. left a messs that she needs my resolutions in writing before WED. I need help i read RRO but now I am more confused then before. i just need some to give me the proper words to get stateds. i thought it would be just a series of semple motions whowever that doesnt seen to be the case.... I AM IN OVER MY HEAD HELP!!!! I sat on the committee for this however I was not in charge. Yes i did do all the RRO information to bring back to committee.

Guest farmersdaughter

A special meetiing has been call for a change in the way the POA votes this Saturday.The POA secr. left a mess that she needs my resolutions in writing before WED. I need help I read RRO but now I am more confused then before. I just need some to give me the proper words to get started. I thought it would be just a series of simple motions however that doesnt seen to be the case.... I AM IN OVER MY HEAD HELP!!!! I sat on the committee for this however I was not in charge. Yes I did do all the RRO information to bring back to committee.

Sorry for my post I am just a LITTLE up tight!!!

I get the impression you are feeling a bit overwhelmed about this so let's try to take this in baby steps. You said that you sat on a committee about this item of business. Didn't the committee already come up with a resolution to present to the POA? If not, is there anyone you can contact who was on the committee who took good notes about what the committee decided they wanted to propose to the POA and can you get a copy of those notes?

Guest farmersdaughter

oh yes I toke good notes and always refer back to RRO to back up what we wanted to. ok i dont know what you want to type so I will start with the first piece of business the " Ethical Election Committee" felt needed addressed.

Address the tiele of the Nomination Director: our current By-Laws defined the Nomination Director: shall during the your , interview prospective candidates for office on the executive committee for the coming years election. They shall prepare a slate of candidates for election. The selection sould be such to create a broad representation for the recreational park.

RRO STATES IN PART THE SAME IDEA ; HOWEVER RRO SECTION 46;1 -PG 421 STATES THE NOMINATION DIECTOR / COMMITTEE IS TO HEAD THE NOMINATIONS OF THE OFFICERS AND THEN IS TO BE DISCHARGED AFTER THE ELECTION IS COMPLETE.

Now with that being daid it appears to have been since 2001 to present the nominations have come from the membership via nominations ballots. Also we currently allow the nomination director to hold a seat on the executive board after the elections for the year is complete. The commiitte agrees this practice alone is enough to warrant the changing of the title and jop decription. Further dicussion should include what is expected of the nominations committee RRO 46;20 PG 419 " IT IS USUALLY NOT SOUND TO REQUIRE THE COMMITTEE TO NOMIINATE MORE THAN ONE CANDIDATE FOR EACH OFFICE.

The committee agrees that the correct title should be TELLER COMMITTE DIRECTOR.

RRO 45 PG 393 VOTING PROCEDURES STAES TELLER DUTIES INCLUDE ISSING THE BALLOTS , COUNTING BALLOTS AND GIVING THE FINAL REPORT TO DECLARE THE VOTE.

Looking over the pass mintues of the meetings there has not been a "TELLER REPORT" of any kind RRO 45;5 pg 403 clearly states "TELLER REPORT AND THE CHAIR'S DECLARATION OF THE RESULT" This section also goes on to address the Tellers report is to be entered fully into the minutes of the meeting becoming part od the official record.

ok now to much information not enough and i have more to address about changig voting to onsite voting and absentee ballots... please excuse the typing error I truely in a panic.....

oh yes I toke good notes and always refer back to RRO to back up what we wanted to. ok i dont know what you want to type so I will start with the first piece of business the " Ethical Election Committee" felt needed addressed.

Address the tiele of the Nomination Director: our current By-Laws defined the Nomination Director: shall during the your , interview prospective candidates for office on the executive committee for the coming years election. They shall prepare a slate of candidates for election. The selection sould be such to create a broad representation for the recreational park.

RRO STATES IN PART THE SAME IDEA ; HOWEVER RRO SECTION 46;1 -PG 421 STATES THE NOMINATION DIECTOR / COMMITTEE IS TO HEAD THE NOMINATIONS OF THE OFFICERS AND THEN IS TO BE DISCHARGED AFTER THE ELECTION IS COMPLETE.

Now with that being daid it appears to have been since 2001 to present the nominations have come from the membership via nominations ballots. Also we currently allow the nomination director to hold a seat on the executive board after the elections for the year is complete. The commiitte agrees this practice alone is enough to warrant the changing of the title and jop decription. Further dicussion should include what is expected of the nominations committee RRO 46;20 PG 419 " IT IS USUALLY NOT SOUND TO REQUIRE THE COMMITTEE TO NOMIINATE MORE THAN ONE CANDIDATE FOR EACH OFFICE.

The committee agrees that the correct title should be TELLER COMMITTE DIRECTOR.

RRO 45 PG 393 VOTING PROCEDURES STAES TELLER DUTIES INCLUDE ISSING THE BALLOTS , COUNTING BALLOTS AND GIVING THE FINAL REPORT TO DECLARE THE VOTE.

Looking over the pass mintues of the meetings there has not been a "TELLER REPORT" of any kind RRO 45;5 pg 403 clearly states "TELLER REPORT AND THE CHAIR'S DECLARATION OF THE RESULT" This section also goes on to address the Tellers report is to be entered fully into the minutes of the meeting becoming part od the official record.

ok now to much information not enough and i have more to address about changig voting to onsite voting and absentee ballots... please excuse the typing error I truely in a panic.....

Okay, it appears that you don't know what elements you want to include in the resolution. No one here can make up your mind for you. "We" (or George) could merely help you put it into the proper form.

Okay, it appears that you don't know what elements you want to include in the resolution. No one here can make up your mind for you. "We" (or George) could merely help you put it into the proper form.

I still don't get why this committee hasn't already decided what was to go into the resolution (and already drafted it) and now is saddling the farmer's poor daughter into drafting it.

Guest farmersdaughter

We want to change the voting to one site voting.

No mail in ballots unless , member lives 100 miles away, they can request vote by mail

No absentee ballots...

No drop off ballots

Change the nomiantion director to a Teller director.

I still don't get why this committee hasn't already decided what was to go into the resolution (and already drafted it) and now is saddling the farmer's poor daughter into drafting it.

I'm puzzled about that as well. When this thread began, I thought Farmer's Daughter had a clear motion that she wanted to put into resolution form.

Sometimes, members will show me a written motion that they want to make, and I will make a few suggestions on the wording for them. This seems to be way beyond that. It's more like doing the committee's work for it.

what is an element maybe I know what it is but not by the name element. oh please dont give up on me already!!! Ask me some question and I can answer.

Let's try this...come up with a clear and concise outline (25 words or less) of what you want this resolution to say. After you have done this take that bare bones outline and start putting flesh on those bones.

Guest farmerdaughter

No mail in ballots unless , member lives 100 miles away, they can request vote by mail

No absentee ballots...

No drop off ballots

No absentee ballots...

No drop off ballots

If one-site voting means voting in a meeting, this could be pretty easy.

Voting by mail and "absentee ballots" are not allowed unless specifically authorized in your bylaws. The meaning of "drop off ballots" is unclear, but if it is anything other than voting by a member who is present in a meeting, it, too, is prohibited, unless specifically authorized in you bylaws. This means that to prevent the first four things on your list, you would only need to remove any such authorization from the bylaws. Look the bylaws over carefully and make notes of what would have to be removed. If the bylaws make no reference to any of this, nothing needs to be done. It's already prohibited.

To change the name of the "nomination director" in the bylaws, you simply have to strike out the current name and insert the intended name.

Tell me if this is making sense (not you George).

Guest farmersdaughter

The committee what to change voting to on site voting at the club house on the 1st sarturday of Sept from 9-2 and 3rd Saturday of Sept 12-8.

Now do I have to explain as part of the resolution how the onsite voting will take place?

The committee wants to limit absentee ballots to members living 100 miles or further.

do I have to include in resolution how they can request their ballot?

Since our current by-laws state sending they out , do i have to have a resolution to state no mail out/in ballots?

i know if i could talk to one of you in person i would seem like such a boob!!!!

Guest farmersdaughter

If one-site voting means voting in a meeting, this could be pretty easy.

Voting by mail and "absentee ballots" are not allowed unless specifically authorized in your bylaws. The meaning of "drop off ballots" is unclear, but if it is anything other than voting by a member who is present in a meeting, it, too, is prohibited, unless specifically authorized in you bylaws. This means that to prevent the first four things on your list, you would only need to remove any such authorization from the bylaws. Look the bylaws over carefully and make notes of what would have to be removed. If the bylaws make no reference to any of this, nothing needs to be done. It's already prohibited.

To change the name of the "nomination director" in the bylaws, you simply have to strike out the current name and insert the intended name.

Tell me if this is making sense (not you George).

Guest farmersdaughter

Our by-laws allow all the above and that is what the committe was form for. Because there were not check on balances with the ballots a group called foul. However through attorneys the POA agreed to form a committee and change the way things wwere done. The committee has it all worked out on paper. However now it has been dumped in my lap to write the "resolution" to be presented to the membership at this meeting that was called special for this purpose.

The committee what to change voting to on site voting at the club house on the 1st sarturday of Sept from 9-2 and 3rd Saturday of Sept 12-8.

Now do I have to explain as part of the resolution how the onsite voting will take place?

The committee wants to limit absentee ballots to members living 100 miles or further.

do I have to include in resolution how they can request their ballot?

Since our current by-laws state sending they out , do i have to have a resolution to state no mail out/in ballots?

i know if i could talk to one of you in person i would seem like such a boob!!!!

If your bylaws require mail ballots, they will have to be used, unless you amend the bylaws.

Our by-laws allow all the above and that is what the committe was form for. Because there were not check on balances with the ballots a group called foul. However through attorneys the POA agreed to form a committee and change the way things wwere done. The committee has it all worked out on paper. However now it has been dumped in my lap to write the "resolution" to be presented to the membership at this meeting that was called special for this purpose.

If the committee really has it worked out on paper, move the adoption of the paper.

(meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to get worms back in a can :unsure: )

Archived