The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Minutes

Guest sam

Can minutes from an executive session be emailed or copied and given to a board member absent from that particular session? Or should they only be view by the board member in person from the meeting minutes "book"? I am worried that they will be shared electronically with other non-board members.

Thanks for your assistance.

The rules of access to the minutes will apply equally to members who attended and those who were absent.

That is, if there is no rule or custom to send out copies or e-mail, you should not. If the rule or custom is to send the minutes to those who attended, they should be sent to all members.

(I might have citations for some of this, but maybe not.)

Can minutes from an executive session be emailed or copied and given to a board member absent from that particular session? Or should they only be view by the board member in person from the meeting minutes "book"? I am worried that they will be shared electronically with other non-board members.

Thanks for your assistance.

Members have a right to view the minutes. Anything beyond that is at the discretion of the assembly. Whether the member was present has no bearing on the relevant rules.

Archived