The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Forum offline intermittently???

Just curious if others have been having intermittent troubles loading the forum pages in the last few days?

Doesn't seem to last very long usually, sometimes only for a couple minutes. Comes and goes. I've had this trouble from two different systems (home and work) so I suspect it isn't me this time. Anyone else?

Just curious if others have been having intermittent troubles loading the forum pages in the last few days?

Doesn't seem to last very long usually, sometimes only for a couple minutes. Comes and goes. I've had this trouble from two different systems (home and work) so I suspect it isn't me this time. Anyone else?

We're being flooded by bogus "active users", which is causing a problem.

This morning, as the only member online, with 15 guests and no anons, it takes almost a full minute to post my replies. I've experienced this from my work computer as well (don't go there), so I'm pretty sure it's still not me. But it's not 2500 spam guests either.

So, curious if some change has been made to the system's back-end in an attempt to make the forum safer, and in so doing has slowed things down considerably? Anyone else stuck waiting for the pinwheel or hourglass?

This morning, as the only member online, with 15 guests and no anons, it takes almost a full minute to post my replies. I've experienced this from my work computer as well (don't go there), so I'm pretty sure it's still not me. But it's not 2500 spam guests either.

So, curious if some change has been made to the system's back-end in an attempt to make the forum safer, and in so doing has slowed things down considerably? Anyone else stuck waiting for the pinwheel or hourglass?

In fact, I struggled to get this posted to the point that it posted twice (I'll leave it for now) and then had a five-minute series of "Page Not Found" episodes until I finally gained access again. In the words of Steven Tyler, "After Monday and Tuesday, even the week says WTF?"

I've been having the same problem, and have alerted the boss lady.

Archived