The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Members right to attend Generalbody meeting

Guest Jayadev

Our not for profit organization called for a general body meeting, complied with all constitution clauses sending meeting notice in advance of 21 days to all the existing members. The general body meeting is scheduled for Sept 11th 2011. Meanwhile today another 64 person become new members. Are these members entitle to attend the General body meeting scheduled on Sept 11th 2011? Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry if this question is posted on the wrong page, but I am very new to this forum. I ahve a new question for you. In our general membership meetings we have one person that interupts every meeting. He won't allow any one to finish thier discussion or comments to the board without his interuptions. We have requested that he allows the person that has the floor to speak, but that doesn't work. He is negative and starts drama in every meeting. He tries to intimidate the board and the members. What can we do to take care of this problem?

I am sorry if this question is posted on the wrong page, but I am very new to this forum. I ahve a new question for you. In our general membership meetings we have one person that interupts every meeting. He won't allow any one to finish thier discussion or comments to the board without his interuptions. We have requested that he allows the person that has the floor to speak, but that doesn't work. He is negative and starts drama in every meeting. He tries to intimidate the board and the members. What can we do to take care of this problem?

Consult chapter XX of RONR, in particular the part on disciplinary issues arising during a meeting.

Archived