The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Floor nomination

Guest Benjee

If there is floor nomination(s), will it be treated as same as other nominees from the nomination committee? Or should the floor nominee(s) be acknowledged by the assembly by vote at first, and be brought to list of the nominees from the nomination committee before the chair closes the nominations?

Thank you for your help.

If there is floor nomination(s), will it be treated as same as other nominees from the nomination committee? Or should the floor nominee(s) be acknowledged by the assembly by vote at first, and be brought to list of the nominees from the nomination committee before the chair closes the nominations?

Thank you for your help.

They are treated the same as the nominees recommended by the nominating committee.

They are treated the same as the nominees recommended by the nominating committee.

Thank you, Bob! My understanding is that the floor nominees are not required to be acknowledged by the assembly by vote promptly and they are later joined altogether with other nominees from the nomination committee. Then the chair coloses the nomination. If this is ture, I would like to thank you very much again.

Benjee

Thank you, Bob! My understanding is that the floor nominees are not required to be acknowledged by the assembly by vote promptly and they are later joined altogether with other nominees from the nomination committee. Then the chair coloses the nomination. If this is ture, I would like to thank you very much again.

Benjee

An individual member has a right to make a nomination, which does not require a second or a vote, so there's no need for the assembly to address it.

Benjee

That's pretty much it. smile.gif

Archived