The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Where in the 11th do I find.....

David A Foulkes

Okay, thanks. So, whereas the 10th seemed to suggest that upon notification of the trial, the accused member's rights were suspended automatically, it now seems as that suspension of rights must be recommended by the investigating committee as part of their resolution, and is in fact optional. Is that a fairly correct understanding of this point?

Okay, thanks. So, whereas the 10th seemed to suggest that upon notification of the trial, the accused member's rights were suspended automatically, it now seems as that suspension of rights must be recommended by the investigating committee as part of their resolution, and is in fact optional. Is that a fairly correct understanding of this point?

Well, I don't know why you characterize what is said in the 10th ed. as being a suggestion (although this hardly matters anymore), and I don't think that it is correct to say that, in the current edition, "suspension of rights must be recommended by the investigating committee", since the assembly may include a resolution suspending rights whether or not the committee recommends it, but other than that I suppose it is fairly correct.

By the way, I should also have referred you to the third paragraph on page 662 in my initial response, and I apologize for the omission.

Archived