The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Chair Presenting A Report

Guest Guest

Good day:

I am the moderator (chair) for our local church. I wish to make a report about a training event that I have attended in order inform our congregation.

The question is; am I able to do this if I hold the chair at any of our normally scheduled meetings? The report is for information only and there will be no motions arising from the report, nor will there be any actionable items.

Good day:

I am the moderator (chair) for our local church. I wish to make a report about a training event that I have attended in order inform our congregation.

The question is; am I able to do this if I hold the chair at any of our normally scheduled meetings? The report is for information only and there will be no motions arising from the report, nor will there be any actionable items.

Yes, do it under reports of officers, right after the approval of the minutes... provided it relates to your duties as chairman. (you probably shouldn't give a report on SCUBA diving training that you received) :)

The report in question does not relate to my duties as moderator but does relate to another office that I hold.

If the report would fall under one of the headings of the order of business you can make the report then. If this report will involve no action needing to be taken I don't think you would even need to turn over the chair to the Vice Moderator (Chair) while making it but stay tuned for other opinions.

Archived