The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Audit Committee Minutes

Guest Sharon

Our Audit Committee met. The minutes will not be well received by the Board. Therefore, upon motion from the Committee chair to approve, it is likely they will not be approved. I have never encountered this before so could someone guide me through the process? Also, this is the Audit Committee which is somewhat independent of the Board.

Thanks.

Our Audit Committee met. The minutes will not be well received by the Board. Therefore, upon motion from the Committee chair to approve, it is likely they will not be approved. I have never encountered this before so could someone guide me through the process? Also, this is the Audit Committee which is somewhat independent of the Board.

Thanks.

Committees generally don't keep minutes, but if they do, they're not normally presented to a board.

It sounds like you're referring to the report of the committee, which would be presented to the body to which the committee reports.

In any event, during the consideration of the minutes, the chair calls for corrections, which are handled by majoriy vote when disputed, and when there are no more corrections offered, the chair declares the minutes approved. No vote is taken on approving the minutes.

Archived