Jump to content
The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Grievance Procedure

Guest Guest

Recommended Posts

If the Board made a decision that affected one member and that member wants the decision reversed, what course of action would the "agrieved" member need to take?

If the original motion was adopted the member can ask a Board member to move to Rescind the previously adopted motion* (or if a Board member he can make the motion himself). Another possible option is to take his case to the Membership (see Official Interpretation 2006-13)*. If the original motion was defeated it probably can be renewed.

*The motion to Rescind or using OI 2006-13 can only be used if the original motion can be Rescinded. See RONR pp. 305-310 for details.

Is there a Grievance Procedure in Robert's Rules?


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...