The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Barkeeper

A recent officers and board of directors election of our non-profit organization was later nullified in a closed / secret executive board session. My question is, Can an election be nullified in a closed session executive board meeting without the knowledge and consent of the general membership ?

A recent officers and board of directors election of our non-profit organization was later nullified in a closed / secret executive board session. My question is, Can an election be nullified in a closed session executive board meeting without the knowledge and consent of the general membership ?

No, unless your specific rules say so. RONR gives the board no such authority.

The attempted nullification is itself null and void. Assuming the election was conducted by the general membership, the membership may want to discipline the board for its improper actions in trying to interfere with a membership election.

Archived