The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Voting In New Members

Guest Steve

can someone please point me to the requirements/procedure for voting in new board members under roberts rule of order?

i was wondering if multiple people can be voted in at one time on the same vote?

if their is a discussion process required to vote in new members...which is then followed by a vote?

just curious as to how roberts rule of order requires new member approval?

can someone please point me to the requirements/procedure for voting in new board members under roberts rule of order?

You'd typically hold an election. Usually by (secret, written) ballot. Just like you do in November when you step into the voting booth.

1- i was wondering if multiple people can be voted in at one time on the same vote?

2 - if their is a discussion process required to vote in new members...which is then followed by a vote?

3 - just curious as to how roberts rule of order requires new member approval?

1. Yes, but it might be less problematical to vote on each office/position one at a time.

2. Nominations are debatable, during which the qualities and qualifications of each nominee can be respectfully discussed.

3. Usually your bylaws will set forth requirements to becoming a member, such as applying for membership, paying any required dues, residency restrictions, that sort of thing, in advance of being approved/accepted into membership by perhaps the Board, or even the general membership.

3. Usually your bylaws will set forth requirements to becoming a member, such as applying for membership, paying any required dues, residency restrictions, that sort of thing, in advance of being approved/accepted into membership by perhaps the Board, or even the general membership.

Although the question is bit confusing, I interpreted it to be asking about electing board members.

Archived