The Official RONR Q & A Forums

By- Law changes regarding election proceedures

Guest Tina

Our school board is in the process of updating our school's by-laws. We have a section regarding elections and have had some confusion regarding campaigning. We are in Colorado and I am having a hard time getting an answer on what is okay or not as far as that goes. Our legal council has been.....not much help. In years past, we were understanding that we could not, just need help were to find such information. We are NOT affiliated with a local school district but rather the Dept. of Education. Thank you for any help or direction you can give me.

Our school board is in the process of updating our school's by-laws. We have a section regarding elections and have had some confusion regarding campaigning. We are in Colorado and I am having a hard time getting an answer on what is okay or not as far as that goes. Our legal council has been.....not much help. In years past, we were understanding that we could not, just need help were to find such information. We are NOT affiliated with a local school district but rather the Dept. of Education. Thank you for any help or direction you can give me.

You may find insights in the DOE governing documents, or perhaps those of your state. As noted by anonymous George, RONR doesn't address the issue.

Archived