The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Audit

Guest Jack

An audit would normally be completed every year anyway. Unless the organization is small, the expense of an audit is usually insignificant anyway. So, if you have a yearly audit, you don't need to do a special one just because of a new Treasurer.

"An audit would should normally be completed every year anyway. Unless the organization is small, the expense of an audit is usually insignificant anyway. So, if you have a yearly audit, you don't need to do a special one just because of a new Treasurer."

The cite in RONR specifies that if an unaudited final treasurer's report is presented at an annual meeting, it should be referred to a committee for audit.

Unless the former treasurer left in mid-term . . . and sent a postcard from Aruba.

Even then, another Audit may not be required. It does cost money after all and unless there is a reasonable concern about the state of the financials, it would not be required to have another Audit until the end of the year.

The cite in RONR specifies that if an unaudited final treasurer's report is presented at an annual meeting, it should be referred to a committee for audit.

If the Committee is a voluntary one (which most Committees are) that is okay, but I was talking about calling in an Auditor who would charge for his/her services.

Even then, another Audit may not be required. It does cost money after all . . .

I'm not saying it's required. But it needn't cost anything at all and if I were the incoming treasurer I think I'd want some independent, objective assurance that the books were in order when I took over.

dbmUr8

Archived