The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Treasurer needs advise

Tina Marie

The Ladies Aux. I am the Secretary for is having an issue I am not sure if it is covered under RONR. In an attempt to keep the books, the Treasurer has asked (several times) for receipts when purchases are made with the orgs. debit card AND if you need to be re-reimbursed. OK, well our President and Vice President have decided that they don't need their receipts, which has been a nightmare.

Of course our by-laws are so vague. Any help, direction would be great. I just want the arguement to end. Thanks

Sorry, let me clarify- our President is trying to be reimbursed for items she does not have proof she purchased as well as an item she bought- said she donated to the church but wants the "Ladies" to pay her back. She was told "No" as she did not have a reciept for that too. Our by-laws support the Treasurer but our Vice President feels she knows better.

Anyway, is there anything that can help me with this?

Not directly in RONR, I don't think.

But the membership could do things like order the treasurer not to pay for things, and not to reimburse, without receipts. It could take the debit card back.

Or, if it feels the other way, it can order the treasurer to pay anything asked for. It might be difficult retaining a treasurer that way, though.

Sorry, let me clarify- our President is trying to be reimbursed for items she does not have proof she purchased as well as an item she bought- said she donated to the church but wants the "Ladies" to pay her back. She was told "No" as she did not have a reciept for that too.

RONR doesn't tell your organization what to purchase with its money. That's up to your organization to decide... not the president, vice-president, or the Treasurer.

Our by-laws support the Treasurer but our Vice President feels she knows better.

Your bylaws must be followed.

I did locate our by-laws this morning and while we ask the Treasurer to pay all expenses presented to her our Officers can spend up to $75 without membership approval BUT MUST present all reciepts for reimbursement.

It's not so much what is being bought as the fact that it's expected you get your money back no matter what. Another issue I will address with the ladies.

Thanks for the help.

... our President is trying to be reimbursed for items she does not have proof she purchased as well as an item she bought- said she donated to the church but wants the "Ladies" to pay her back. She was told "No" as she did not have a reciept for that too. Our by-laws support the Treasurer but our Vice President feels she knows better.

Anyway, is there anything that can help me with this?

Sounds like you're doing it just fine!

Archived