The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Slate of Directors at the AGM

Guest Moira Rowan

When presenting the slate of directors for the upcoming AGM does one need to list the VP? or just the president, the past president and the directors.

Must a society accept nominations from the floor at the AGM? Must one call for nominations from the floor?

I think you are asking about the presentation of the nominees of the nominating committee to the AGM. A slate would mean that all the officers are running on a single slate.

Each of the nominees must be presented. You would not elect the past president as he/she moves into that position automatically.

You must call for and accept nominations from the floor unless your bylaws say otherwise.

-Bob

When presenting the slate of directors for the upcoming AGM does one need to list the VP? or just the president, the past president and the directors.

Must a society accept nominations from the floor at the AGM? Must one call for nominations from the floor?

OK, I'll bite -- why would you not present the nomination for VP? It seems like an odd question, so I wonder if there's something else behind it.

If by "slate" you mean the report of the nominating committee, then one could be excused for wondering why they would wish to leave out the VP? Didn't they come up with a nominee? If not, nominations can be made from the floor, or voters can simply write in a name for VP. (Majority elects.)

Yes, even if the nominating committee has made a recommendation, the presiding officer must also call for nominations from the floor unless the bylaws provide otherwise.

Archived