The Official RONR Q & A Forums

IF SOMEONE IS ALREADY HOLDING POSITION OF TRUSTEE AND THAT TERM IS NOT UP, CAN THEY BE NOMINATED FOR TREASURER?

Guest CHRISTINE

Now you have everyone curious as to what those exceptions might be. :)

I only meant the recommendation (based on practicality, and somewhat on RONR (11th ed.) p. 447 ll. 3-5) that the same person should not be presiding officer and secretary simultaneously (not relevant to the poster's question). I guess it would have been better to leave out the parenthetical comment, as it's more likely to confuse than to clarify.

I only meant the recommendation (based on practicality, and somewhat on RONR (11th ed.) p. 447 ll. 3-5) that the same person should not be presiding officer and secretary simultaneously (not relevant to the poster's question). I guess it would have been better to leave out the parenthetical comment, as it's more likely to confuse than to clarify.

RONR doesn't say that the president and the secretary can't be the same person.

RONR doesn't say that the president and the secretary can't be the same person.

Yes, I know -- that's why I said the recommendation is based 'somewhat' on the cited passage. Again, it's not relevant to the original poster's question, and I regret mentioning it. However, dollars to donuts, if I hadn't mentioned it, someone else would have dragged it in anyway :) .

Archived