The Official RONR Q & A Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BHall

Ex officio motion

Guest BHall

I am new to this forum so I hope I'm following the correct procedure to ask a question:

Is there such a thing in Robert's Rules as: ex officio motion, ex officio authorization and ex officio action? if so, could you provide a short definition of each? Thank you, BHall

I am new to this forum so I hope I'm following the correct procedure to ask a question:

You are.

Is there such a thing in Robert's Rules as: ex officio motion, ex officio authorization and ex officio action? if so, could you provide a short definition of each? Thank you, BHall

No. There is such a thing as an ex officio member. See FAQ #2 for more information on that term.

No on all accounts.

Oops, I did not intend to attribute a "no" to your concern about whether or not you're using the proper process for posting a question. You get a "yes" on that. :)

"The assembly shall elect a motion to be the Recurring Motion, with a term of one year. The Recurring Motion is ex offico pending at the start of each meeting.

"The assembly shall elect a motion to be the Recurring Motion, with a term of one year. The Recurring Motion is ex offico pending at the start of each meeting.

Where's this from, please, Sean?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this