The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Committee Makes Decision Without Authority

Guest Brian

How do you set things straight if a committee/board made a decision to spend money that significantly exceeds the discretionary amount they are allowed to spend without having the assembly's approval?

If the money's already been spent, punish the committee members.

If not, secure the money . . . and punish the committee members.

What if the decision that was made by the board/committee did not have a monetary value? The decision was to approve a document without disclosing to the membership nor was there a formal motion to accept to all committee members?

What if the decision that was made by the board/committee did not have a monetary value? The decision was to approve a document without disclosing to the membership nor was there a formal motion to accept to all committee members?

Your best bet is to post your new question as a new topic. And be a tad more specific.

i need help w ith mine so bad it isn't funny:

we as a pulpit committee dieided after the vote required to place before the church for a vote

my y as interim pastor, we put it in the bullitian telling the church what we decided everyone hit all

but the cross.

is this legal ? and can you tell me under roberts rules of order where it is

we put it in the bullitian telling the church what we decided everyone hit all but the cross.

Now that's funny.

But, seriously, please post your new question as a new topic. And take as much care when asking it as you expect us to take when answering.

we as a pulpit committee dieided after the vote required to place before the church for a vote

my y as interim pastor, we put it in the bullitian telling the church what we decided everyone hit all

but the cross.

is this legal ? and can you tell me under roberts rules of order where it is

Yes, please ask your new question as a new topic. However, unless you restate it a bit more clearly, I for one will have no idea what you're asking (sorry, I've read it over three times, and can't make heads or tails of it).

See here for starting a new topic.

Archived