The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Condo Assn President**also owns management company??

Guest Brent

Hello,

I've recently moved into a development consisting of 11 single family homes and 5 vacant lots which operate as a condo association. I'm confused as to how that can happen, but that's not my question here. My question is this, the president of the association owns a property management company that manages associations. His company currently manages our association. Is there a conflict of interest? I do not know what's transpired at the meetings, as I have not been privey to any meeting minutes since moving there.

Thanks.

Hello,

I've recently moved into a development consisting of 11 single family homes and 5 vacant lots which operate as a condo association. I'm confused as to how that can happen, but that's not my question here. My question is this, the president of the association owns a property management company that manages associations. His company currently manages our association. Is there a conflict of interest? I do not know what's transpired at the meetings, as I have not been privey to any meeting minutes since moving there.

Thanks.

RONR has no rule against it. You should consult an attorney for any legal questions on the matter.

Archived