The Official RONR Q & A Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brent

Condo Assn President**also owns management company??

Guest Brent

Hello,

I've recently moved into a development consisting of 11 single family homes and 5 vacant lots which operate as a condo association. I'm confused as to how that can happen, but that's not my question here. My question is this, the president of the association owns a property management company that manages associations. His company currently manages our association. Is there a conflict of interest? I do not know what's transpired at the meetings, as I have not been privey to any meeting minutes since moving there.

Thanks.

Is there a conflict of interest?

It seems a bit fishy but RONR doesn't prohibit it (though the Association's governing documents and/or applicable law might) However, apparently the body who elected him as President didn't have enough of an issue with it in order to elect someone else.

Hello,

I've recently moved into a development consisting of 11 single family homes and 5 vacant lots which operate as a condo association. I'm confused as to how that can happen, but that's not my question here. My question is this, the president of the association owns a property management company that manages associations. His company currently manages our association. Is there a conflict of interest? I do not know what's transpired at the meetings, as I have not been privey to any meeting minutes since moving there.

Thanks.

RONR has no rule against it. You should consult an attorney for any legal questions on the matter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this