The Official RONR Q & A Forums

You didn't ask a question but if you want to amend the requirement for membership that is in the current bylaws, the bylaws must be amended to add the additional requirement. You can't change it on your own.

Guest Edgar

You didn't ask a question . . .

My question is if I would like to impose that "Previous Firearms Experience" is required to join the club, which would nothing more than taking a Firearms Safety Course, would I be just in doing so.

Admittedly, the lack of a question mark made it hard to find.

It looks like most of Original Poster JMC2284's original post disappeared. I'm beginning to be annoyed by abuse of the Edit function.

It looks like most of Original Poster JMC2284's original post disappeared. I'm beginning to be annoyed by abuse of the Edit function.

Membership has its disadvantages.

It probably didn't disappear on its own. Edgar must have taken it for his post. :-)

(Edited to help Gary get further along in being annoyed. He sometimes needs help in finishing what he begins.)

Edited by Shmuel Gerber

My question is if I would like to impose that "Previous Firearms Experience" is required to join the club, which would nothing more than taking a Firearms Safety Course, would I be just in doing so[?]

Well, I doubt you can impose such a requirement on your own. I take it from George's first post, and the numerous tags you added to your post, that your guess is the bylaws need to be amended to insert this requirement. When you follow the amendment procedures, which I can only hope involve the membership's vote, you'll find out if such a requirement is just.

Nothing in RONR speaks to this specifically, so it's up to the masses. Good luck.

You might also consider returning to your original post and re-typing what was initially there.

Guest Edgar

Membership has its disadvantages.

Let's hope New_Member_JMC2284 doesn't make a habit of rewriting history. The George Orwell Award awaits.

To be fair, I'm thinking not particularly to put this on new member JMC2284; with all of two posts to his credit, and his tenure on this forum extending all the way back to yesterday, he or she shouldn't be faulted for not being aware of the customs and sensibilities of one tragically obscure Internet message board (albeit the world's, and probably the known Universe's, premiere parliamentary Internet forum), and so for using tools left freely lying around.

At a minimum, "show edit" should be built in, not the poster's option. But with the MB's poor beleaguered Boss Lady fighting tooth & nail for a couple of years now to domesticate the guest posters' Captcha code, it looks like a slow slog.

(I'm just left wondering how that David Foulkes person magicked that snippet out of the aether.)

Guest Edgar

(I'm just left wondering how that David Foulkes person magicked that snippet out of the aether.)

I believe he snipped it out of my snippage. And I think that should be either "æther" or "ether", but not "aether".

YmG5e6

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.