The Official RONR Q & A Forums

can you accept voting done electronically

Guest patrick j

Guest patrick j

At an AGM it was tabled do to improper time frame of notification, a "Special Meeting" was announced and was held, no quorum present. Can we accept electronic voting. We are trying to revise By Laws, Constitution, Rules and regulations.

At an AGM it was tabled do to improper time frame of notification, a "Special Meeting" was announced and was held, no quorum present. Can we accept electronic voting. We are trying to revise By Laws, Constitution, Rules and regulations.

Absentee voting is prohibited, unless specifically authorized in the bylaws or higher governing documents.

Tim I am not asking about absentees... I am asking can we accept all voting done electronically......for the purpose of getting a vote from each club... Since we do not seem to be able to get a quorum

Will these members who are voting electronically be (physically) present in the meeting room? If not, they're absentee voters.

That said, you really can't do much of anything without a quorum

Tim I am not asking about absentees... I am asking can we accept all voting done electronically......for the purpose of getting a vote from each club... Since we do not seem to be able to get a quorum

The right to vote is restricted to members who are actually present at the time the vote is taken in a meeting. Also, business can only be transacted in a meeting where a quorum is present.

I'm assuming the electronic votes that you want to accept are NOT cast by members who are present in a meeting.

Unless your bylaws or constitution specifically allows for electronic votes from members who are not present in a meeting, such votes are invalid.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.