The Official RONR Q & A Forums

can not log in

Guest Mike

Thanks. Yesterday, I did not get email in response to my request to reset my password, today, that worked.

The problem was my login ID, since it is different from my Forum Name ... I had forgotten it from so long ago.

Sometimes forums such as this report messages like "Bad userid or password":-)

But all fixed, thanks!

Glad you got the situation fixed.

For anyone who has this problem in the future and sees this thread another idea is to delete the cookies for this forum (which I guess can get corrupted after a while) and then log in which would create another cookie. Earlier this year I had a problem logging into another forum which persisted for several months and as soon as I deleted the cookie and logged in there was no problem.

It sounds like I am too late to help anyone, but I can confirm that your theories were correct. It seems that if you use the wrong username, you get that ugly error message instead of a nice note telling you that you have the wrong username. And yes, since you have a screen name and a separate login name, sometimes people forget which one they are supposed to log in with. I have mentioned it to the people who make the software so that they can hopefully improve the messaging in a future release of the forum software

Archived