The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removing Board member

peaches70

I was told some time ago, that if an owner (member of HOA) rented their place that they loss all rights except to vote. I don't know where they got this information. We have a board member who has rented their place and can't attend any meeting; they are out of the state. What if anything can we do to force that member to resign or can the board vote to remove that member because they have giving up their rights to everything, because the renter has those rights now. (Again except for voting)

I was told some time ago, that if an owner (member of HOA) rented their place that they loss all rights except to vote. I don't know where they got this information.

Neither do I but it wasn't from RONR. If it's an association of home owners then it would seem to me that the owners (not the renters) are the members and therefore it's the owners, not the renters, who retain the all the rights of membership. I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere (i.e. the association's governing documents and any applicable rules or laws) for your answers.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a doozy of a question. Our Board recently disbanded due to various circumstances. Since we do not reach a quorum to conduct business...do the removed Directors have to legally turn over corporate documents to the remaining Directors? Our By-laws do not address this issue. And our next annual election is in a few weeks.

I have a doozy of a question. Our Board recently disbanded due to various circumstances. Since we do not reach a quorum to conduct business...do the removed Directors have to legally turn over corporate documents to the remaining Directors?

1. If you have "remaining directors" then your board didn't disband.

2. Legal questions should be directed to an attorney (but the corporate documents belong to the corporation, not any one member).

3. The next time you have a doozy of a question, please post it as a new topic. This forum works best that way.

Archived