The Official RONR Q & A Forums

courtesy seats

Guest rita

Looking for information regarding courtesy seats and how they work. It is my understanding that meetings are only open to those who are part of the group, ie. board of directors, but the president may grant courtesy seats to guest, but they have no voting privledges and can not speak unless the chair gives permission. Where in Roberts can this be found.

Looking for information regarding courtesy seats and how they work. It is my understanding that meetings are only open to those who are part of the group, ie. board of directors, but the president may grant courtesy seats to guest, but they have no voting privledges and can not speak unless the chair gives permission. Where in Roberts can this be found.

The term "courtesy seat" appears nowhere in RONR, and nothing in RONR confers any such power on the president.

It can't be found in RONR.

If it's not in your bylaws, then the president is just making stuff up.

Archived