The Official RONR Q & A Forums

minutes correction

Guest Shirley Ann

Quick question....Is there anywhere in RONR that stipulates the secretary to ask for corrections from the chair before submission of the minutes? I questions those actions due to the secretary supposedly submits the minutes and then they are brought to the full board for any corrections and to be approved......I'm not sure that they work together with the minutes....clarification please and also what page may I find this information. thanks :rolleyes:

Quick question....Is there anywhere in RONR that stipulates the secretary to ask for corrections from the chair before submission of the minutes? I questions those actions due to the secretary supposedly submits the minutes and then they are brought to the full board for any corrections and to be approved......I'm not sure that they work together with the minutes....clarification please and also what page may I find this information. thanks :rolleyes:

The secretary is not required to ask the chair for corrections before submitting the draft of the minutes. Therefore there is no page to cite.

The secretary is not required to ask the chair for corrections before submitting the draft of the minutes. Therefore there is no page to cite.

Thank you. I have an understanding that our secretary is submitting the minutes to the chair and asking for any corrections and also receiving the chair approval on the minutes before the full body actually has a chance to read the original minutes. How is that? Please eloborate......

Thank you. I have an understanding that our secretary is submitting the minutes to the chair and asking for any corrections and also receiving the chair approval on the minutes before the full body actually has a chance to read the original minutes. How is that? Please eloborate......

There's nothing wrong with that. And it's probably more common than you'd think for a secretary to seek input from others before finalizing his draft of the minutes. Still though, it is just a draft, and it will not become the official minutes until it is adopted by the assembly, after a chance for correction.

Are you suggesting that the president is causing the draft of the minutes to be inaccurate?

Archived