The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can the accuser vote?

Guest Stephen

Im not to sure if i was clear. Excuse me as i try to explain further.

If someone is accusing somebody, can they vote for disciplinary action? Specially if they are on the voting committee?

for ex- if i am accusing you, can i have a vote on disciplinary action?

There is no "accuser" under the disciplinary procedures in RONR.

If you have your own disciplinary procedures, then I'd say yes to all three of your questions, unless your Bylaws provide otherwise.

Typically, the accused's right to vote is suspended during the disciplinary process. The accuser typically faces no such restriction.

True, partly because there is no "accuser" under the rules in RONR. Charges are brought by the assembly itself, upon the recommendation of an investigative committee, and the role of the managers is certainly not that of an "accuser."

True, partly because there is no "accuser" under the rules in RONR. Charges are brought by the assembly itself, upon the recommendation of an investigative committee, and the role of the managers is certainly not that of an "accuser."

Well, the "allegations" and/or "rumors" mentioned on p.657 have to come from someone even if that person (or persons) is not named or otherwise identified as the accuser.

Archived