The Official RONR Q & A Forums

The latest RONR edition

Knorske

I wish to be sure I am always using the latest (a.k.a. current) edition of RONR. Additionally, I developed the habit of providing the "In Brief" book to board members as a way of "preparing" them to become familiar with RONR, its processes and principles.

Now, of course, the 11th edition is current.

When should we expect the 12th edition and how will notification disseminate so we know to "update"?

Thank you.

When should we expect the 12th edition and how will notification disseminate so we know to "update"?

Although past performance is no guarantee of future results (as they say), the most recent editions of The Right Book were published in 1970, 1981, 1990, 2000, and 2011, so I expect you're good until about 2020.

Keep frequenting this forum and you're sure to be among the first to know.

Jeez, they just released the 11th Edition in 2011 and you are already looking for the next one? :D

Seriously though, although I am not on the authorship team I think that I am pretty safe in saying that you shouldn't expect to see any updates for a long while (and many of the authorship team are regular posters so they can correct me if I am wrong). Here are the release dates of the 1st-10th Editions

First Edition:February 1876

Second Edition: July 1876

Third Edition: 1893

Fourth Edition:1915

Fifth Edition:1943

Sixth Edition : 1951

Seventh Edition:1970

Eighth Edition: 1981

Ninth Edition:1990

Tenth Edition: 2000

So you see that with the exception of the 1st and 2nd Editions the shortest period between Editions is 8 years and it is usually between 10-20 years. As for being notified as to when the 12th Edition is coming out I would suggest you check back here sometime in 2020 or so (but if you want to stick around and participate until then please feel free :)).

Archived