The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Correcting Agenda Item Omission in Minutes

Guest Carol marie

I can't seem to post this. I'll try again.

Our Last board meeting discussion strayed from an actual agenda item to something else about which a motion was made and passed by consensus.

How to we treat the item that was neglected? It's not mentioned in the draft minutes.

It was New Business. We began discussing it and got off track. I, of course, am responsible too as our president usually causes the drift.

In this case, I think I'll just put it on the agenda for next month as Unfinished Business next month as Chris suggests.

It was New Business. We began discussing it and got off track. I, of course, am responsible too as our president usually causes the drift.

In this case, I think I'll just put it on the agenda for next month as Unfinished Business next month as Chris suggests.

Why in the world your board bothers with adopting an agenda is beyond me, but take a look at Q&A #14 for at least a little bit of information relating to it.

Well, Dan, I'm on an HOA board of seven in CA. CA Civil Code requires that open meeting agendas be posted four days prior to such a meeting so that homeowners can see whether they want to attend. We directors are given "Board Packets" about a week before our meetings and must submit agenda items requests to our Prop. Mgr. and board president a few days before that.

We don't have a formal agenda-adopting process at the beginning of the meetings because homeowners who attend can rely on what they see posted on our bulletin boards and on our website. I'm in the process of trying to learn RONR, so please be patient. Thank you.

Don't know if I'll be able to post this reply as I've already tried to enter the security check 6 times and must be doing something wrong. Any tips?

Don't know if I'll be able to post this reply as I've already tried to enter the security check 6 times and must be doing something wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong.

Any tips?

If you intend to continue posting on this message board, it would be advisable to register an account. You need to enter a captcha code to register, but after that you'll never need to see it again if you log in when you use the forums.

A tip: Yeah, next time you sucessfully CAPTCHA your way in, join up (painless and no spam results) and you won't be blocked ever again.

Dan may get upset but... does the CA Law require you to limit yourself to the posted agenda items. So, in effect, there can never be (true) New Business, because everything has been given a notice first?

A tip: Yeah, next time you sucessfully CAPTCHA your way in, join up (painless and no spam results) and you won't be blocked ever again.

Dan may get upset but... does the CA Law require you to limit yourself to the posted agenda items. So, in effect, there can never be (true) New Business, because everything has been given a notice first?

No, I won't get upset, but this Forum is the wrong place to come to discuss what you can or cannot do under applicable law. We deal only with application of the rules in RONR.

Yes, JD, for HOAs, CA does limit the open meetings to the posted agenda except for emergencies.

I did think my original question about how to treat or dispose of a neglected agenda item was appropriate viz. RONR, and I'll take Chris' advice on that question.

Thanks for the tops, JD & Josh, I think I'm properly registered now. We'll see in a minute.

Archived