The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Notice of a meeting

Sean Hunt

Then has the secretary sent out false notice?

No.

As I understand Sean's statement of the facts, the secretary will send out a notice saying (in effect) that a special meeting will be held for the purpose of considering and voting upon a proposal to hold a regular meeting immediately following adjournment of the special meeting, and that, if this proposal is adopted, a regular meeting will be held immediately following adjournment of the special meeting.

As I understand Sean's statement of the facts, the secretary will send out a notice saying (in effect) that a special meeting will be held for the purpose of considering and voting upon a proposal to hold a regular meeting immediately following adjournment of the special meeting, and that, if this proposal is adopted, a regular meeting will be held immediately following adjournment of the special meeting.

So it'll be a regular notice of a special meeting combined with a special notice of a regular meeting.

No.

The original question said, " ...the Secretary issues notice for both the special meeting and the regular meeting." The notice seems to be for a regular meeting that has not be scheduled.

The original question said, " ...the Secretary issues notice for both the special meeting and the regular meeting." The notice seems to be for a regular meeting that has not be scheduled.

Well, yes, the facts as stated say only that "the Secretary issues notice for both the special meeting and the regular meeting", without indicating how the notice is worded. So you can, if you wish, assume that the secretary words the notice reasonably or stupidly. Take your pick. :)

Archived