The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Approval of Minutes

Guest Brenda

I was under the impression that if minutes are emailed out after a meeting with the request to send corrections if necessary - and no corrections are received that minutes are approved as is. Is this not correct?

I was under the impression that if minutes are emailed out after a meeting with the request to send corrections if necessary - and no corrections are received that minutes are approved as is. Is this not correct?

It is not correct. Since the minutes have been distributed ahead of time, it will not be necessary to read the minutes at the meeting, but members still have an opportunity to offer corrections. If no corrections are offered at the meeting, then the minutes are approved as is.

Since the minutes have been distributed ahead of time, it will not be necessary to read the minutes at the meeting . . .

Unless, of course, any one member requests they be read. (And it's necessary that every member has been sent a copy.)

Unless, of course, any one member requests they be read. (And it's necessary that every member has been sent a copy.)

Well, I would assume that if the Minutes are distributed prior to the meeting that all members have received a copy. Just because a member has received a copy of the Minutes does not mean that the member cannot request them to be read.

Well, I would assume that if the Minutes are distributed prior to the meeting that all members have received a copy. Just because a member has received a copy of the Minutes does not mean that the member cannot request them to be read.

Well, there is no requirement that every member receive a copy, just that, if the draft minutes are not going to be read prior to approval, every member must have been sent a copy.

And I never suggested that a member's right to request that the draft minutes be read has anything to do with whether he had received a copy.

Archived