The Official RONR Q & A Forums

legality of motion?

Guest malabar

Parliamentarians,

I've searched through Roberts Rules, but can't seem to find that answer to this question....

Can the assembly at an annual meeting make a motion that has stipulations that will go into effect over the course of several years?

For example, to raise dues by a set amount each year for a certain number of years?

many thanks

Can the assembly at an annual meeting make a motion that has stipulations that will go into effect over the course of several years?

Sure.

But next year, or the year after that, the assembly could amend that motion to change those effects.

In RONR-Land, very little in carved in stone.

(And why doesn't spell check work on this site?)

It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

As far as I know, spell-checking is a function of your browser. Google's Chrome browser works for me (though it won't fill the not-hole). You might want to check your posts before posting. Or, at least, after.

It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

As far as I know, spell-checking is a function of your browser. Google's Chrome browser works for me (though it won't fill the not-hole). You might want to check your posts before posting. Or, at least, after.

I don't mind checking, but I like backup; and I'm using Firefox.

I use Firefox as well and IIRC the spell check is run through MS Word (I am sure it can be done other ways as well).  Is Word working OK for you or did you accidentally shut off the spell check function for it?

I can type it in Word, and spell check works fine there.  Spell check works on all other sites.

Archived