The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Approval of final minutes when the group has been eliminated

Guest sherie trice

We have abided by the OPEN MEETING ACT in Oklahoma for our statutorily required Child Abuse Prevention Task Force.  This group has been extinguished by law as of November 1st, 2013…  My question is – how do the final meeting minutes ever get approved (we typically do this at the next meeting and did not approve at the last meeting).  Just wondering how to get them finalized. 

We have abided by the OPEN MEETING ACT in Oklahoma for our statutorily required Child Abuse Prevention Task Force.  This group has been extinguished by law as of November 1st, 2013…  My question is – how do the final meeting minutes ever get approved (we typically do this at the next meeting and did not approve at the last meeting).  Just wondering how to get them finalized. 

Would it be possible for the group to meet one last time for the purpose of approving minutes? It looks like you still have a few weeks left. The minutes of that meeting would presumably be quite brief, so you should be able to approve those at that meeting as well.

Doubtful that the group could get together one last time.  People are from all over the state and the last meeting quorum came with great difficulty.

That's unfortunate. At this point, I don't see any other way under RONR to get the minutes approved. If the members had realized this problem at the time, the best thing to do would have been to appoint a committee to approve the minutes (and authorize that committee to conduct its business by e-mail), but it's a bit late for that now.

It's possible that the task force's rules or applicable law provides another solution. You could look into that.

Archived