The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting minutes & unaddressed agenda items

Guest Lora_B

Last night there were several agenda items that were not discussed at our committee meeting due to lack of time.

When I type up the official meeting minutes, how should I address that those items were not covered?  Just leave those agenda items blank?  Remove them from the minutes?  Or do I just say something like "Item was not discussed due to lack of time"?

An adopted agenda will appear verbatim in the minutes, yes (including scratch-outs, which appear as blurs on everyone's computer screens, and coffee stains)? So wouldn't the non-disposition of items not reached be mentioned in the minutes?

(I have the feeling I should remember this, but I have the same feeling about Fermat's last theorem and what planet President Obama was born on, too)

An adopted agenda will appear verbatim in the minutes, yes (including scratch-outs, which appear as blurs on everyone's computer screens, and coffee stains)

"Verbatim" means word-for-word. I hope you don't mean you're scanning a hard-copy of the agenda (including scratch-outs and coffee stains) and posting that image online as part of the minutes.

"Verbatim" means word-for-word. I hope you don't mean you're scanning a hard-copy of the agenda (including scratch-outs and coffee stains) and posting that image online as part of the minutes.

YEs, I did mean verbatim as far as the words are concerned, and was kidding about scratch-outs and coffee stains, so please don't give these people ideas.

YEs, I did mean verbatim as far as the words are concerned, and was kidding about scratch-outs and coffee stains, so please don't give these people ideas.

Ah, for some reason I mis-read your post as a follow-up from the OP so I thought I was replying to her.

Archived