The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Rescind a vote

Guest Guest Chewytwo

A motion (to cover fraud ) was brought up at a meeting (Oct.10) and was passed.

If the society has not already done so, I think it would be prudent to consult a lawyer.

How can I bring it up again to get it reversed?

Make a motion "To rescind the motion adopted on Oct. 10 to [description of motion]."

What is previous notice?

It's notice of your intention to make a particular motion at the next meeting. In this case, providing such notice is not required, but it lowers the threshold for adoption to a majority vote. You can provide such notice orally at the previous meeting, or you can have the Secretary include the notice in the call of the meeting.

Is 2/3 vote from those in attendence?

It's a 2/3 vote of the members present and voting.

A motion (to cover fraud ) was brought up at a meeting (Oct.10) and was passed. How can I bring it up again to get it reversed? What is previous notice? Is 2/3 vote from those in attendence? Not sure what or how to do this.

And to get additional answers to your quesions, and a  lot more you are going to ask, I'll bet, go look here:

RONRIB:

"Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief", Updated Second Edition (Da Capo Press, Perseus Books Group, 2011). It is a splendid summary of all the rules you will really need in all but the most exceptional situations. And only $7.50! You can read it in an evening. Get both RONRIB and RONR (scroll down) at this link. Or in your local bookstore.

And if anything isn't clear, don't hesitate to ask about it here.

Archived