The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Advancement of Officers upon death of officer

Guest Ellis

I have the 1970 version of R.R.O.  I may be blind or something but I can't find the specifics regarding advancement of officers upon the death of an officer.  

Example:  If the President dies, does the first VP automatically advance to the office of President or does the first VP simply stand in as "acting" president until the next scheduled election of officers?  Please advise.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

The vice-president becomes the president upon the president's death and serves the remainder of the term. No "acting". Think Dallas, November 22, 1963. Any additional numbered vice-presidents will "move up" one office and you'll have to fill the vacancy in the office of the last-numbered vice-president. There is no other "line of succession" or hierarchy (e.g. involving the secretary, treasurer, or other officers). 

I have the 1970 version of R.R.O.  I may be blind or something but I can't find the specifics regarding advancement of officers upon the death of an officer.  

Example:  If the President dies, does the first VP automatically advance to the office of President or does the first VP simply stand in as "acting" president until the next scheduled election of officers?  Please advise.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

Couldn't find it? Try looking at the paragraph that begins at the middle of page 381, and the one that begins at the bottom of page 482. And get yourself the 11th edition - yours is way too far out of date.

Archived