The Official RONR Q & A Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacqui

Nominating and Electing an Absent Member

Guest Jacqui

When electing a committee, can a member who is not present at the meeting of elections be nominated and elected or do they have to be there to accept the nomination.

If they can be elected without being present, could you tell me where specifically I can find where it says that?

If they can't can you still tell me where it says that?

Thank You.

Guest Edgar

If they can be elected without being present, could you tell me where specifically I can find where it says that?

Page 444.

Guest Guest

Page 444.

Is that RONR? Do you know which article and section? I have it on a kindle so the pages are a little different than the hard copy.

Is that RONR? Do you know which article and section? I have it on a kindle so the pages are a little different than the hard copy.

I believe that Edgar is referring to the passage entitled "Time at Which an Election Takes Effect," which appears on page 444 of RONR, 11th ed.  That passage is at location 8591 of the Kindle version of the same book.

I believe that Edgar is referring to the passage entitled "Time at Which an Election Takes Effect," which appears on page 444 of RONR, 11th ed.  That passage is at location 8591 of the Kindle version of the same book.

Unfortunately, the OP probably does not have the current edition, since the Kindle version of the 11th edition was only available for a very brief time.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this