The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Missing in camera motion

Guest Toni

Following an in camera item, it wasn not reported to the secretary for the minutes, who made the motion to come out of in camera.  How would I reflect that in the minutes?

Just report that the motion was made and adopted. When the minutes are up for approval the name of the maker can be added.

1.  Please tell me that, like me, you don't have a clue as to what this means:  ", it was not reported to the secretary for the minutes, "

My understanding is that it means no one told the Secretary who made the motion. Presumably, the Secretary also didn't notice who made the motion.

2.  Why, then, if you please, is it correct that the mover of the motion not be named in the minutes?

Obviously the name of the motion maker should be included in the minutes, but the Secretary can't really include that information in his draft if he doesn't know who made the motion. Therefore, as Mr. Mervosh suggested back in Post #2, the Secretary should include the information that he does know, and the name of the motion maker can be added when the minutes are being approved.

Archived